Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dressy lamp


This was an old skirt of mine that I only wore once. It's really cute but didn't fit right. i have been wanting to make it into a lamp shade for a cuple of years.
I love the ruffles on the bottom.

We got this lamp shade for our wedding and we have used it since. It has never matched anything really but it has been good to us.


This is how I wanted it but it just didn't look right...


so I gathered it on the sides.


I LOVE IT! Oh and this picture below, I made a car seat cover for Julie a few weeks ago. It was fun.

6 comments:

jack+alli said...

wow, you're so creative! it looks great!

Lyndsay Winters said...

Cute lamp and that car seat blanket is genius!

The Breinholts said...

Ems! So crafty! I love the lamp--you got another skirt?

Jenna said...

you are doing great with your decorating and crafts! I love the lamp shade and the car seat shade is genious.

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! I never would've thought of something like that! Way to recycle!

paul and lacy ebert said...

I am impressed with you skills, you are quite the little seamtress! You should make me something!!!:)