Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our New Addition









Jonas Chandler Thatcher. Born August 24th, 1:20 am. Weighed 8lbs 3oz. 21 inches.
I woke up around 5 am Tuesday the 23rd having some contractions. Like every 20 min. Then some would be every 10 min. The funny thing was I was waiting for them to go away. I was scheduled to be induced 5 am on the 24th. I did NOT want to go into labor on my own. I was induced with Jeremiah and loved it so I wanted the same thing for this one. Anyways, I was contracting the whole day. Like 15 min apart ALL day. Just waiting for them to go away because I was going to be induced, right? We got the carpets cleaned that day & spent some time at my in laws. After dinner I took a bath & shower, contractions were every 5 min! We were on our way to the hospital. WOW I was in a lot of pain! I was 2 centimeters the day before. So I get to triage and I'm at a 7!!! 7 centimeters!!!! What was I thinking waiting all day for the contractions to go away. Of course I asked for an epidural. Ummm... yes please! Got the meds, pushed a couple of times, and he was here. It was just an eventful day. Everything is good and he is a good baby. I'm very blessed.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable and I LOVE his whole name!! Congrats! I hope you are doing well and getting sleep.

jennawinters said...

We are so glad he is here and is a good baby. Your family is perfect. Love you!

Chad and Ashlie said...

yay! congratulations. how is it going with two? Funny your story is alot like mine. I didn't go to hospital til 7cm either. I thought they would go away!haha. Im excited. We will have to get together.

rusty and julie thatcher said...

He really is the cutesy ever em! Love him!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

He really is the cutest baby ever! Love him!

nglemser said...

Just found your blog on Amy's. What a sweet and handsome little guy! In the sleeping picture I can see his Grandma Thatcher!!!
(Go figure!)

Wonderful to see Todd look so very happy. Best too you and your little boys!

Monica said...

Yeah!!! Congrats girly!! He is so stinkin cute! Love you! : )